Thanks to everyone who read all 3 of my stories. I really appreciate the love from my fellow bloggers I received some awards from some bloggers within the past week and I know I need to be passing them along I have been busy around these parts but I have not forgotten about you. I am working on a project that my friend and I are about to start soon and it has been taking up a lot of time but I am glad to say not a lot of money. Son is on a winter break next week so I think I will take one with him and not blog for a week. While I am on a mini vacation I will be revamping my blog with a new design (hopefully) so my site will be under construction. I will be back bigger and better with my topic for next month which will be all things business. I will be talking about jobs, businesses that I love, finance, and a whole lot of other stuff. When I come back on the 27th I will hope to have a new layout and some new stuff on the blog. I will leave you all with some facts about me and I hope you have a great week. I will still be on twitter if anyone has any questions feel free to email me at any time.
I am originally from Charleston, SC
I am married with 2 kids a boy who is 5 and about to be 6, and a girl who is 2 and about to be 3.
I have a bachelors degree in business and I am working on my masters in Health Care Administration
I can sing and I use to play the piano
I use to play basketball although I am only 5’2 (size does not matter)
I can cross stitch (My mom made me learn)
I am an only child
I love to read and write but I am not good at it. I don’t like cooking but I am good at it. (yes that’s why I am confused so much about life)
I don’t have a large circle of friends because I don’t tolerate bullshit and cattiness….at all.
I am very impatient and sometimes I say things that I should not say.
I am a proud Sagittarius and rep my sign to the fullest
My favorite color is Burgundy and my Favorite food is anything involving rice
Where did I leave off oh yeah the day we got married. I knew that day that we were not matched we were opposites but my young crazy self went on and got married. We did the marriage thing for about a year had my first baby in 2006 and life was good. I was working hubs was working two jobs we vacationed and lived it up then things changed. I lost 4 family members within one year including my mom and grandmother, then I lost my job, then my hubs lost one of his jobs, and we were not in a good place at all. We went from doing good to doing really really bad. Marriage is not easy and I gave up on mines got a divorce lawyer and I was ready to be gone. We tried counseling but it was just a platform to speak without yelling and it did not solve anything. We managed to work through our problems but my love for him was not the same. We had grown apart and barely spoke. Then I got pregnant again I thought it was the end of the world here we were not really speaking and now I am pregnant again.
Fast forward to 2011 things have not really changed much I think we are complete opposites in everything that we do. I am impatient, he is a procrastinator, I like going places and doing things, he likes staying at home, he does not really communicate, and I love to talk the list can go on and on. One day I told him that I was unhappy he said yeah I know I don’t know how to change and I don’t think I ever will. I won’t be the man of your dreams but I do the best I can. I realized that yes he won’t change and neither will I so we will have to live with that or we move on. We promised to give it a try for a year and see where things go and so far we have not had a big fight in a couple of months which is much better than where we were. (fighting at least once a week)
I am still a work in progress but I don’t like giving up on things without at least trying. I don’t know if we will ever get back to the place that we were in before but I have learned to go with the flow for now. I think it’s important to go on regular dates and communicate. I also think before you get married it’s best to be friends first because despite everything he does in the end you will have established a friendship and for me I cherish my friendships like nothing else. Dream and dare to love.
1. Happy Valentines Day. What are you doing special? Me and the hubs are doing what we always do nada. We don’t usually celebrate much we always do a nice dinner at home he cooks dinner and I do dessert of some kind. The last time we went to a restaurant for VDay was back in 2004. I did however get him a card with 20 bucks……of his own money because well I don’t work so…yeah judge me all day long it’s the thought that counts. I did do something nice for the kids in sons class for VDay. I did a 4oz mason jar filled with candy and plastic rings for the girls and yo yo’s for the boys then tied all of them up with a nice red ribbon and some with cream ribbons. Kinda looks like this (I can’t find my camera and my phone camera is…. well this picture looks way better anyway)
2. I want to write the President a letter about these loans and how he can solve the housing crisis. Give everyone who works a chance to modify their house to what it’s worth and for those unemployed they have 1 year to find a solution to their housing problems by either renting their home out, selling, or hopefully gaining employment within the one year. I am pissed as hell that my house was appraised at 52,000 and we owe 160,00 very very very pissed.
3. Are you being harassed by debt collectors? I heard the story of one debt collector who told police that the women was going to commit suicide and the police actually showed up at her house after the collector called them with the bogus story. Sometimes the poor working class, like myself, have to choose is it a bill this month or food those are real choices that some of us make every pay check. If you have never made these choices then don’t judge those that do. There are ways to stop debt collectors know your rights. Check it out here. Just because you can afford to pay your bills does not mean others can.
This was not the original post for today but I had to talk about my favorite singer. I have every single cd of hers even the soundtracks. If anyone asked me who my favorite singer was I would always say Whitney. I don’t have a favorite song by her because I can’t name just one. (I will share my favorite 2 songs at the end of the post) Whitney served her purpose and I feel people are put on this earth to fulfill something. Some of these singers today will never hold a candle to the ones I grew up with in the 80’s and 90’s. Singers who sang effortlessly on the spot no music needed. She has so many great songs but two of my favorites out of the bunch are the one she sang with Mariah Carey. This song spoke to me because I am one who does not believe in much but every time I heard this song I would believe if even for just a second.
My other favorite from her is My love is your Love. If the Lord asked you what you did with your life what would your response be?
I am suppose to be helping a friend of a friend with some cooking Saturday morning….then I am free for the afternoon. Hubs wants to go bowling with his buddies on Saturday alone I guess I can give him that because he rarely get’s time by himself and he has been giving me some free time (after fighting with him for a while). He also wants Sunday morning to himself to go watch Underworld….I don’t know about that one because I have something to do Sunday morning myself someone is going to have to compromise.
This month we are talking about love. On my twitter page I changed my profile picture to Mildred Loving if you don’t know who she is she is an African American women who married a white man during the 5o’s when marriage between whites and blacks were not permitted. Would you marry outside of your race? Love has no color and it should not matter who you marry. Why does the world see it as their place to tell people whom to marry or who not to marry. Even if two people of the same sex wanted to marry it’s a big problem. I say let people be you may not like it but respect it it’s not your life.
This week I was thinking of throwing in the towel on my business but I have like 20 something parties to put together within the next couple of months so I guess throwing in the towel is not going to happen right now. *update* I had decided to quit the business and just do word of mouth to help people out. I have another project in the works that I wanted to focus my attention on and decided that the party business is not taking off like I wanted it too. It takes money to make money and I don’t have any money to put into the business to make it like it needs to be. I need a PR person and they cost money so I felt that I needed to just give it up then the other day I got a bunch of calls for people who are having parties during the summer. Nothing is set in stone but that’s the most calls I have ever had. I am going to back back though and re work some things on my end. If you still want me to do a party I am willing to help out in any way possible.
Lol some of my readers are funny but I promise there will only be 3 parts.
Let’s see I stopped off to where I met him for the first time. I walked over to him and he said hey and gave me a hug and goodness gracious he smelled so good. We went back to my room and talked for a few. He brought me the 3 6 mafia cd to put on my computer and he would not give it to me so I put him in a headlock just to make sure he knew I was not to play with. So here comes November 2 and we were on the phone I was talking to him and another guy on the phone at the same time. The other guy and I was talking about love and he told me I love you then my hubs called on the other line somehow I thought I clicked back over but I didn’t and I told my hubs I love you back but I meant it for the other guy…….After I realized it was him I quickly tried to correct the situation but it was to late the hubs (who at the time was just a friend) said I love you back and he asked me to be his girl. *insert scream* I did not mean for this to happen so I said sure not really taking him serious and so from that day on I guess we went together. (I was still out doing my thing because I feel if ain’t no ring on my finger I am free to do whatever)
So 2 years go buy and we have had a lot of fights and I do mean a lot. Some of them have been very very bad. Despite it all we managed to stay together. So here comes 2004 and my roommate at the time informs me that she is moving back home so I either would have had to move back home myself or find a roommate so guess who I turned too. Yep the hubs we moved in together and the rules were this was only temporary until I got on my feet and could afford a place of my own. I was not going to be shacking with you without a ring for more than 2 years. Well I did not have to wait long because on November 2nd of that year he proposed and our wedding was set April 2nd 2005. That morning I was having second thoughts about marrying him because I knew that we were not equally yoked in anything and we were the complete opposite.
Ok that’s it for now I will finish up the story next week so stay tuned. This is the song we danced on for our wedding.
1. Which superbowl commercial did you like? I can’t decide between the Doritos with the dog or the voice with Betty White. Coke I just don’t know what to say about them. They gave some boring commercials but I still love a nice coke every now and then. Wait though the Beckham commercial was OMG that might top the other two.
2. Whats playing on your ipod? I just got some great music the other night I am loving the new Kelly Clarkson my favorite song is Stronger, Alone, and Mr. Know it all. Yes I listen to all music just because I am black does not mean I just listen to rap and r & b. I am universal with my music I like pop, gospel, techno, country, etc. Now the only music I can’t get into is Jazz I just can’t.
3. Since this is the month of Love a song popped into my head love is not all good sometimes it hurts. I think I heard Luther Vandross sing it. If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with. Have you ever been in love with someone other than the one you are with? I know no one is going to answer that but it’s just a thought because someone somewhere loves someone else more.
4. This is sick I am appalled at this video. People are sick I don’t even want to know why this happened but please leave people alone. It’s not that serious.
A mothers love is something that is unexplainable. As mothers we don’t always do what we want to do but we always do what we have to do. When our kids get sick we have to put our lives on the back burner to take care of them no matter what’s going on. I will admit before I had kids I would always look at people and be like I am to selfish to have kids. I always wanted one….maybe down the road when I had the money to take care of them properly because I knew they required a lot. Life does not happen the way we plan on it so I must make the best of the situation because there is a reason for everything.
A mothers love is unconditional. If you are not a mother yet it’s something that can’t be explained. I often have bad days and my baby will just come and give me a hug for no reason. If my son sees me crying he will come ask me what’s wrong and say I don’t fight mom but I will fight for you. The I love you comes naturally and the kisses never stop. My own mother sacrificed a lot for me I don’t think I even know how much. I don’t know how you single mothers do it but you do. I give you a standing ovation because even with another parent in the home it’s hard so I know it’s harder on you. I know it’s hard for people to have kids also so I want to thank God for my children because I know an unconditional love like no other.
So the myth is that there is one person for everyone do you believe that? How about a soul mate do you believe that they exist?
True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen~ Francois de La Rochefoucauld
When you love someone you can tell. But when you‘re IN love with someone, everyone else can tell.
I have seen one couple in my entire life that has that kind of love that you can feel. I mean that kind of love that makes you stop and stare. They have been married for over 5 years and they fight hard but they love even harder.