Quote~ Come on Lincoln did not say this…hustle was not a word back then.
Source: shannondarrough.com via Kita on Pinterest
Outfit ~If I had a job……..
Source: fashionistatrends.com via Kita on Pinterest
Halloween~ For sons class I did my own Halloween treat bag. I got some brown paper bags from the dollar store along with 2 big bag of candy from Kroger and printed out my own tag for the bag and put candy in it. Something simple and only cost me 15 bucks to do that includes the candy. I love doing things for my sons class I only do Valentines and Halloween.
Something odd ~All the good stuff comes out when I am done with kids.
Share and Enjoy
News for the week
1. I thought son was done playing football. They did not make the playoff because they lost an important game but low and behold one of the teams in the league had to give up their title so that bumped us up if we won this last game…….we won by a touchdown. So we are now in the playoffs. I had just put his raggedy practice pants in the trash can I had to go and dig it out I am proud of son and his team. They are one of the littlest teams in the league because most our boys look like 4 yr olds (most are 6 and 7) but what we lack in size we make up with in being smart and playing a good game. Our coaches are off the chain but sons head coach I must give it to him he fights for his boys win or lose and I do mean fight he will put his paws on the referee you mess with his boys. Congrats to the Jets I hate the football life but I am proud of them for doing what they do. Here are a few pictures from the season.
2. Nanny Killings ~ This story just broke my heart. If you could afford to hire a nanny would you? I would not I would prefer family and friends to help or put the kids in a preschool/daycare. I don’t know why people feel they have to hurt the kids if you have a problem with yourself or with someone why take it out on innocent kids. I heard of a similar story a couple of years ago where a nanny killed kids because she was jealous of her employers and she could not have kids of her own. She tried to make the kids call her mom when their mom was not around and when the kids would not do it she would beat them until she beat them to death. I don’t know what happened in this case but I am praying for the family this is something I would not wish on my worse enemy.
3. I decided to switch cable companies the other day I put my foot down with the hubs and told him we are getting rid of Comcast. I have had Comcast since I came to Atlanta over 10 years ago. I have been a loyal customer and for the most part I hardly had any problems with my cable itself the only problem I had was the bill. Now my bill was decent because we bundled everything so we were paying 180 for everything (phone, internet, and cable) but since my car notes are finishing up I figured why not save money all the way around and go with direct tv for 2 years see how they are. I hate change but I do try it from time to time. Hubs was not a happy camper until he found out about the sports package…..his tune quickly changed but he still reminds me that Comcast is still better and we are going back after the 2 years. The new bill for cable 60 bucks and we get the same amount of channels we were getting with Comcast. Now before you go crazy I still have Comcast internet and house phone I could not go all the way cold turkey because Comcast cable is still better than AT&T. So far……I want my Comcast back the channels are easier to understand and it does not blink in and out. *crying*
Share and Enjoy
So yesterday I joined Mimi of Lipgloss and Binky as she hosted an event at the PS Aeropostale store near me in Locust Grove, GA
I never knew Aeropostale sold kids clothes I knew about the adult store because I of course stay in the adult one because that’s my type of style. They have boys clothes and they start at a size 4 for girls. I had to try on some clothes for my daughter to make sure they weren’t to big and the 4 fit just right. They have a huge sale going on that you must check out their 2.99 rack….off the chain. They also have a contest going on http://www.pswhatmakesyousmile.com/ make sure you enter to win some fabulous prizes. I will be back to get a few more sweats for my kids for the winter have you finished your winter shopping yet if not go there now.
P.S (love how I just used that) Here is a coupon for even more extra savings.
Share and Enjoy
You know the drill quote, outfit, Halloween, and something odd.
Quote~ I always get up and do something when I can’t sleep. I get a lot more done during those times.
Source: google.com via Michelle on Pinterest
Outfit~ This Jacket is EVERYTHANG I know one does not come in my size but if I find it I will buy it.
Source: wendyslookbook.com via Kita on Pinterest
Halloween~ I normally don’t do outside decor but what if I put this outside and have it move in some type of way when a car passes by.
Share and Enjoy
News of the week
1. I must be the only one not feeling Brandy’s new album. She sounds the same no new sounds and most of the songs sound the same. I was not impressed at all. I thought she would come back with something different but for me it was not. I was never a fan of hers she is okay on some songs but I have never bought any of her albums I just use to download the songs I liked. I call her the talk sing diva cause it sounds like she is talking and singing at the same time. Speaking of music Alicia Keys hubs needs to stop helping her with her new sound…..another hot mess. I can’t be the only that agrees with these findings. What’s going on with music these days. What happened to good solid music. The radio station plays the same songs over and over and over and over………….
2. I want to thank you all for checking out Kokoa Magazine. We have reached over 10,000 readers since launching in August. Those are some great numbers and I am proud of my team and I. Next month my saywhatuwanna is up for renewal. I have been blogging over here since Nov. of 2010. I want to say goodbye to saywhat but I can’t bring myself to get rid of this blog. So for now I have decided to renew this blog for another year. I love my readers and I have some that comment on mostly every post and they have become what I call my blog buddies. I am not going to take this blog into a new direction but I will take Kokoa into a new direction for the new year. I am always changing up stuff but when something is not working one way I gotta try another way. Make sure you click our social media buttons on the right side of this page to keep up with us.
3. My review this week is on deodorant. Last week I got a sample of Dove in the mail
I have a problem with my underarm odor ever since I have been a kid. I have had to use men deodorant ever since I was a baby because women deodorant never did enough for me. I always buy mitchum and that’s the only one that seems to work for me. Whenever I get samples I use it as my night deodorant meaning I only put those on at night because I don’t have to leave out of my house so I don’t have to worry about body odor. I put Dove on the other night when I got it and boy did it smell good. The hubs was like what did you bath with. I love dove products and usually I am satisfied with them as a whole. I will use this around the house until it runs out but I doubt if I will change deodorants. Which deodorant do you like the best?
4. This weekend I attended my good friends wedding. I had a blast because I did not have any kids with me. I was free to do me I think this is the first time I have left both kids overnight….*thinking* yes it’s the first time. I don’t have a problem leaving my kids overnight my concern is their dad whom I entrust them with. I called Saturday night to check on the kids son answered hubs phone and said that dad was asleep and that him and the baby were watching a movie and playing. So there was no adult supervision. I told him to turn the tv off and tuck him and his sister in bed and if he did so I would bring him back a surprise. I called the hubs phone about 2 hrs later and no one answered so I cussed him out on his voicemail. He did end up calling me back around 1 in the morning but I was out like a light. Men that’s all I have to say……..
Share and Enjoy
Dear 21 year old self,
Girlllllllll you will not be about that life 10 years from 21. I guarantee you some things will need to be done differently if you want a better life. I know this for a fact because I am living it. First off that boo thang you got don’t be so quick to marry him wait it out there is no rush if you all truly love each other he will stick around. Live some more I know you think he is a nice guy and he seems to have a good head on his shoulder but look around some more. Get back in school. I know you sat out from college a year cause you want to make that money but I am telling you to get your butt back in school I would even go so far as to change your major when you get back in. Don’t do business it will get you nowhere the internet will be booming with info on business stuff you don’t really need a degree to figure out how to run a business. Get yourself a degree in English because you know deep down you want to be a writer. That’s your calling start with blogging it won’t be as big as it is now and believe me you would be noticed before the market get’s saturated.
I have some bad news to tell you though mommy won’t be around she is going to pass along with 3 other family members. You will go through a dark dark time but focus on doing what you need to do to make your mom proud. She knew you loved to read maybe write a book to help others who may have lost a parent you can name it memoir of our mothers where you find others to share their story so you all can have some closure at least on paper. Put your energy into doing the book and not into gaining 100 lbs. You will lose some friends in the process so be prepared that not everyone loves you like you think they do. You will be okay it will take a minute to get back into the swing of life but if you do as I say you will be fine.
I can’t tell you about how your marriage will turn out or how many kids you have that’s up to you. Just know whatever you decide things will turn out exactly how it’s suppose to be. Don’t regret anything and people will fall in and out of your life just know that they are there for a reason. The roots of the tree will still be there and it will be the people you least expected to be there for you.
Share and Enjoy
You know the drill quote, outfit, something for Halloween, and something odd. Enjoy
Quote ~ I did the bonus word the other day on my hubs when I found out he bought a 80 dollar bluetooth and added it to our cell bill that is already 200 dollars. Mind you he had a blue tooth already ….he didn’t like it he wanted a new and improved one.
Share and Enjoy
What’s going on with me this week
1. This past weekend was Clark Atlanta University homecoming I normally go and hang with my peeps but this year everyone has a family and no one is feeling it anymore. A friend and I was talking and she said that a lot of the black colleges get no Alumni love but the white colleges do. I agree in a way. Although I loved going to an all black college I wish I went to a more mixed school. I think it would have looked better on my resume and I just think I would have learned a bit more. I didn’t learn shit at CAU and I am being real. At a black college it’s who you know not what you know. At a white college it’s probably like that but not as much you gotta earn your stuff at most of them believe me I went to one for summer classes and they were harder but I actually learned. CAU was nice but if you didn’t dress or look a certain way then you was just a nobody. Anyone feel that some colleges have better Alumni association than others?
2. I am on the PTO board for sons school. I had no idea we had so much power on that board. Like we can choose what curriculum goes into the school, we can choose how to set up the schools as far as classrooms and we can choose the uniform. Last week we had a meeting about changing the uniform. Right now the kids wear khaki pants and blue, red, or white polo shirts. Well per request some of the 5th graders and 6th graders moms said that their daughters would benefit if they changed the bottoms to blue because of that monthly thing we all hate. I thought it was a great idea because it happened to me. I was embarrassed wearing a khaki uniform pants and having my period come on in the middle of the day. I voted yes to change the bottoms and then the board got into a mini cat fight. I won’t go into details but the majority won and we will be changing the uniform. I was good too I didn’t open my mouth and argue I just watched others do it.
3. This weeks review is Hot Chocolate from Dunkin’s Donut. I love hot chocolate but usually make my own. On Friday morning of last week I stopped to Mickey D to get my son some breakfast before school and I wanted a hot chocolate. I have had theirs before so I know how it tasted but the line was wrapped around the building and I knew I would be late dropping son off so I stopped to Dunkin’s Donut instead (it was closer to sons school Mickey D is closer to my house). My son got 2 donuts….(yes I got him donuts who gon check me teachers have to deal with sugar rush not me) and the line was in the streets…literally I was like WTH. It moved fast though so I got me a hot chocolate. Overall I give it a 8 out of 10 only reason being I needed more sugar. I tried to drink it after it was sitting for 20 min I burned my tongue. When I got home I was finally able to drink some and I was like where is the sugar so I dumped some in and stirred it, it tasted much much better. Who has the best hot chocolate in your book? And don’t say Starbucks I heard they rob you blind with their prices.
4. Over the weekend I had 2 birthday parties to go to one of them was with my blog buddy Mimi we joined in with her to celebrate her sons 7th birthday. I was able to knock out pumpkin picking and a birthday party all rolled into one.
Saying hi to the chickens…..I think that’s what they were don’t get me to lying.
The boys were in a spirited conversation
Share and Enjoy
Cancer sucks no matter what kind it is. This month is breast cancer awareness month and I wanted to join in on the blog hop that my favorite group of women are conducting #BLMGirlsGoPink I know most people will talk about breast cancer but I am going to do something different I am going to do a collage of things I have seen around the web that focuses on breast cancer. Please check your stuff and remember that anything you see that’s not right get it seen. I know many of us don’t have health insurance including me but I make sure I check on my own for anything different and when I can afford to get checked I do.
Share and Enjoy
So I could not get anyone to do the pinterest party with me and I don’t have enough klout online to make some noise so I will leave it up in the air for now. Maybe I can do something bigger and better for the Christmas holiday. You know the drill Quote, outfit, Halloween, Something odd
Quote~ Whoa…..need I say more.
Source: positivelypresent.tumblr.com via Jamie on Pinterest
Outfit~I am loving these and I aim to find one that fits my size because I will not squeeze my big butt into a medium
Source: thehunt.com via Silvina on Pinterest
Halloween ~ I always do something for sons classroom every Halloween I will be calling up my favorite cake pop lady and ordering next week for his class.
Source: familycircle.com via Shan on Pinterest
Something Odd~ This is super cute and makes me want to get another tattoo but then I think of the pain and money and think not I said the cat. It does glow in black light though…..
Share and Enjoy