Talk Tuesday

News of the week

1. I want to say that I love the SITS girls. It’s about damn time they got a Facebook Group. When I tell you that is one of the best networking sites I am not lying. All my social sites went up by the droves when I joined the FB group. I even got rid of two other groups just to make room for them because I want to be active. They are so supportive I commented on 2 people and they both asked to be a part of Kokoa for the future. I even talked to one of the ladies privately and helped her to create a new blog space with new and fresh ideas. Loving it over there if you have not joined what are you waiting for.

2. The kids always want to pose in front of my camera…..let me correct that my daughter always wants to pose. My son he sees a camera he runs. Zaza said she wanted to do a photoshoot so we did one. I made my son join in too.

www.thealbumcafe.com

3. For the month of February we are doing a theme on Kokoa. I would love to have some of you on as guest writers. The theme is History….y’all thought we was gonna do love nah we gonna switch it up lol. I would love some stories on any of you researching your history, telling us the history of one of your favorite places, giving us the history of where you live, talking about a family member who may have a lesson in their past etc. If that’s you or someone you know email me at kitab@kokoamag.com for more info. I choose the theme History not just because it’s black history month but I want to hear stories about people who have actually researched where they come from. It’s not a white thing or black thing it’s learning about who you are and where you originated from.  I want to research my history but stopped at a certain point because I had no more information about my family. Have you researched your history?

13 Responses to Talk Tuesday

1. I’m not active in SITS at all. I need to do better. They rock!

I have not researched my history. I really want to. I only know the bits and pieces I have been told from my family.

2. I love the SITS girls. Cute photos.

I have researched & I could contribute.

3. LaShawn says:

Girl yes, people sleep on SITS! Everyday, my stats go up on my facebook and twitter. It’s like the gift that keeps on giving. I’m working on being more active over there. I like it!

4. The SITS Facebook is AWESOME! Full agreement with you there for sure! :)-Ashley

5. SITS is a bloggers must, glad they finally got a Facebook page too. Family history is great, I would love to write about my dad’s military experience, he was in WWI, Korea and Vietnam wars. I would have to get in contact with my brother. Let me work on that.

Sorry, not sure why my blog name was show up instead of my name.

7. Oh wow! I just signed up for the FB page of SITS. I confess that I have not gotten into SITS as I ought to. I plan to change that this year.

Your kids are cuties, Kita! Loving the pics.

I have been meaning to delve into ancestry.com because I really want to know more about my roots. I know some of my family’s history from oral tradition, but I’d like to blend that with some research online. We’ll see!

the bottom right pic of your daughter. . . she’s been taking tips from your boy! That’s his pose! lol So cute!

9. Yum Yucky says:

You kids are cute!
    I still have a learning curve with SITS. I think I’m doing it all wrong?? Just joined the FB group, though.

I need to join the SITS FB group!!
    Cute pictures of your kids!!

11. Tracie says:

Just requested to join the SITS Facebook page! They are an awesome group and the connections I’ve made since I was a featured blogger on their page has been awesome. And the information they provide has been invaluable!

12. Baby Teems says:

I have been slacking on SITS. I know the group is awesome but I honestly get overwhelmed with all the networking sites. I am glad that you found SITS to be helpful for your magazine.

13. The SITS Girls are amazing!! The support over there is like no other. I love most that the bloggers there don’t mind helping or sharing tips. They understand that there’s room for everyone in the blogging world and that when one us succeeds it helps to pave the way for all of us to succeed.

Our kids are a like. Moo loves the camera and JJ hates it. I have tons of pictures with him hiding his face with his hands or giving the “Really, Mom” look. He’s too young to be dodging the camera. I hope this stage doesn’t last forever.