Project 365

So I have been talking pictures lately ……. a lot. I have been slowly looking into photography and find that it is a great hobby to have. I enjoy taking photos of my family and capturing memories. My mom was an avid photographer I have over 300 albums of pictures from the time I was a baby up until I left home for college (each album holds about 100 pictures) She always had a camera in her hand. She was always team canon never saw her with anything else. As I grow and learn photography I find that I truly want to get into brand photography as my niche. I have added that to Focus Dezigns and developing my skills as we speak. Brand photography is so needed because you want nice pictures for your brand and cell phone pictures won’t do all the time. I have done brand photography for over 10 brands this past year and I enjoy setting up the products or taking pictures of people while they are servicing others.

I have joined in with some of my fellow twitter buddies to do the 365 photo challenge called project 365 where you basically put up a photo once a day for the entire year. I will do a photo dump once a week on my Tumblr so please hold me accountable. I get to capture life and things around me and journal it. This will be something extra on my plate but I take pictures so much now that it will be fun to put all my photos in one place and look back to see how much I have grown.

Speaking of photo challenges we are back with our #mylifesphotos challenge. This week we are taking pictures from above. This is another great way for you all to join in with us and capture memories. Examples are always on our pinterest board for each challenge each week.

As I said I am not into taking photos of people but I have done a few sessions for some fellow bloggers. Check them out below

Bernetta

ChristmaspicforB

Angela

angnewyrfbcover

13 Responses to Project 365

1. Oh, my GOODNESS!!! Your photographs are so great!!! WOW!!
    I look forward to seeing all of your photos this year!! What a great challenge! (and fun for the rest of us to follow!) What a win/win! –Lisa

2. LaShawn says:

You’ve been keeping secrets *side eye*
    I love all of the photos!!! I’m so glad you are doing a 365! This time next year, we are going to look back and be like WOW! We’ve improved so much!

300 albums!? Yes, your mom was definitely loved photography!
    These pictures are great! Can’t wait to see more.

4. Toya says:

You go girl I love that you are always adding to your business ventures and tackling new projects!!!… the photos are really good too!!!

Look at you! I love all the photos you have going on here! I’m getting my Tumblr blog setup as well, because like you I want to be accountable for my pictures. Also, I would love a spot to share it without going crazy on my blog.

I love taking pictures of my family, but not much a fan of posting them, but I love taking pictures of things, so this is going to be fun.

6. bequoted says:

Good job girl. Those pics are good. Not mad at your business savvy and hustle mentality. Not mad at all!

7. That’s wonderful you have so many pictures of your upbringing. Do you look at them much? I look at a photo album every time I go home. I usually swipe something and it’ll show up in a blog post at some point. Love those shots you did above. Excellent. I may have said this here before but I used to enjoy taking pictures until it really turned into a business for my husband. You ever go bowling with an expert and they school your technique? Yeah my husband is a bowler too. Just takes the fun out of everydogonething.

• Kita says:

I don’t not since my mom passed away. I have some odds and ends one sitting around and I will post them up for tbt but that’s about it. I don’t hang around to many experts cause they do take the fun out lol.

8. I said I wanted to commit to a picture a day with my DSLR but it’s hard to take it around all the time.

9. Sherelle says:

Congrats on the new photography project! The family photos here look amazing! I want to work on brand photography for my blog, but I don’t even own a ‘legit’ camera that I could use for blogging, making memories…etc. That is a gift I hope to get this Christmas, lol!

10. WOW! 300 albums…that’s a whole lotta photo memories! It’s nice to have around though & travel down memory lane. I love beautiful photos, but I so suck at taking a great shot. Love the challenge you’re taking on. I’ll sit back & enjoy your journey.

11. I will try to do the best I can, I don’t get out enough to take a picture a day. I do vow to use my camera though.

aww I love family photos