Baking Cookies from scratch

I don’t bake…..at all. To many directions and measurements. In an effort to spend more time with the kids doing things other than being on our electronics I decided we would bake. As you know I am trying things from pinterest so this week we did chocolate chip cookies ….with no eggs. We use cream cheese below is the original recipe from pinterest. These cookies were so good the hubs asked me to make more and said he would go to the store that night to get anything I needed…..when I am sick your ass don’t go to the store…oh we off topic…….back to the cookies……*side eye*

Cream cheese chocolate chip cookies - So nice and chewy!!!source

Here is the recipe directly from the above source

• 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment or silpat liners. In a large bowl or the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, melted butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until mostly incorporated by a few dry streaks remain. Add the chocolate chips and mix until combined and no dry streaks remain.
  2. Roll the dough into 1 to 1 1/2-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand (just barely press, you don’t need to flatten it all the way). Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes until the edges are just barely golden brown. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.

Recipe Source: adapted from here, found via Pinterest

cookies5

cookies4 cookies3 cookiees4cookies2

This entry was posted in Wordless Wednesday Pinterest Style. Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Baking Cookies from scratch

1. Jessica says:

I love a batch of warm homemade chocolate chip cookies! With a side of cold milk of course.. You can always tell the difference between homemade and packaged. The flavor is so much richer and yummy.

2. Paige says:

I love to bake but never from scratch. I might have to try it.

3. I don’t bake nor do I eat chocolate. Holla at cha on Friday!

4. I’m not much of a baker, either. It’s not that I can’t do it, but I usually manage to destroy it somehow :)

I would rather bake any day than cook. I like following the directions for some reason. All that to taste that is required with cooking, I’ll pass.

I’m definitely going to try these soon as I get to the store to get the cream cheese. I normally keep everything needed to bake but that threw me off!

6. Coasta says:

Good Job! You know me! I love to bake! :-) Itching to make some Red Velvet Choc Chip cookies within the next couple of weeks!! :-) They looked like they turned out good…hope it taste good. I love fresh choc chip cookies. They are simply the best!

• Coasta says:

My bad! I read the email version and I didn’t remember seeing how you said they came out or perhaps for some reason I overlooked it. Lol. I see here you did say they are good! Good! LOL at your hubby!!

7. Bunnie says:

I’ve been dreaming about chocolate chip cookies! Do you think if I eat these while running on the treadmill they will cancel each other out?!

8. Now that you’ve gotten such a positive response, you’ll have to bake more often. They look wonderful!

9. Tracie says:

Oh I am a chocolate chip cookie aficionado! I must try this! I cannot imagine chocolate chip cookies without eggs though. . .seems sacrilegious! LOL! I usually make a truckload around the holidays but have been known the whip up a batch when the mood hits me, off season. I’m bookmarking this one! ;-)

10. LOL! about hubby not offering to go to the store when you are sick. You did a great job for someone who does not like to bake. Bet the kiddo’s enjoyed spending quality time with you & hubby benefited as the taste tester. I’m going to try this recipe out as I am a homemade cookie kinda gal. Thanks for sharing.

11. Toya says:

I actually have been thinking the same thing. My daughter and I are glued to our electronics lol. Baking is a nice alternative… but I will stick with the box stuff LOL!!!!…. Hubby paid the ultimate compliment by offering to make that store run!!!

These look so good. I need to try this! I love baking, but I can’t do it here, these people (my family) don’t know when the kitchen is close. Two weeks ago, I baked 6 dozen cookies, tell me why were they all gone by the following day. Not baking anything for them in a while (which usually means in a week hahaha).

13. Kecia says:

I wish I had more time to bake. I’d much rather bake than cook. My 3 year old son and I were just talking about making Valentine’s cookies with sprinkles.

14. I love making cookies from scratch – so much so, that I don’t EVER buy store-bought! Thanks for sharing your recipe, I just pinned them! YUM!

15. brett says:

oh, my. cream cheese IN Cookies . this is new. and marvelous.

16. Debra says:

I’m with you, I’m not much of a baker because of the preciseness of recipes. The cream cheese in those cookies must make them so rich and smooth, I’m totally salivating!

17. Quiana says:

No eggs and cream cheese? You’ve definitely piqued my interest! My fave chocolate chip recipe is from Martha Stewart and has sour cream. I never would’ve thought that’d be good, but it’s amazing and hubby reacts the same way when I make them. Men and food, I tell ya!

18. Wow that is such an interesting recipe. I’ve pinned this for later experimentation myself lol :)

19. Jaime says:

I love baking and these look SO good! I may have to try them soon with my toddler!

20. These look great! I love baking from scratch–its my happy place!

21. Jennifer says:

That’s a really interesting way of making cookies. I’ve never heard of replacing eggs with cream cheese.

22. Your cookies came out perfectly. Funny how the hubby was all ready to head out the door to get ingredients so you can make more.

23. I love to bake, but hate eating my stuff. I mean it tastes good, but Im not into sweets.

24. As you know I love to bake (not cook) so I will most likely try these like in a minute. I can’t you how many times I’ve wanted something but didn’t have enough or any eggs. Everything else I always have, even the chocolate chips. Oh dang, I’d still have to go get cream cheese. Humph – that saved me some calories at 8:02 pm I was about to get excited.

Pinning for later.

25. And here I thought I was doing something with my Betty Crocker muffin mix around here. Show off! Hmph!

I have never been a “from scratch” girl when it comes to baking. I’ll get there… one day.

26. Shell says:

These sound so good! So interesting that these don’t have eggs. I might have to try them!

27. I love making cookies from scratch. I bake half and save half to mix with some vanilla ice cream. And like you pointed out, it’s a great way to spend time together as a family. The memories will be cherished forever.

28. katherine says:

I love homemade chocolate chip cookies! Yummy!

29. These look so delicious! It would honestly be hard for them to make it to the oven. ;)

30. Kendra says:

So they looked good. Were they really soft? I really want to try these. You can keep the butter flavor but get a softer texture.

• Kita says:

Yes they were really soft which I loved because normally the cookies are hard at least when I bake them. I loved that part the most.

31. Lolo says:

Cookies from scratch are so yummy, especially when they are warm just out of the oven.

32. Amber says:

Oh yum, I LOVE cookies! I mostly cheat and buy those already made ones that you just stick in the oven. But there’s nothing like a homemade cookie!

33. Ashley M says:

I always wonder why people use premade cookie mix when it is SO easy to make your own cookies from scratch. Thanks for the recipe.

34. Stefani says:

I am one that LOVES to cook from scratch. I bet those cookies were yummy!

I’ve been thinking about the girls and I taking a cooking class at the local grocery store. It looks like fun, something to cure the winter blues.

36. Jean says:

Thank you for posting, I haven’t had cookies for about twenty years,egg allergy.
    I whipped up a batch and they are delicious!! My girls also loved them!