I don’t bake…..at all. To many directions and measurements. In an effort to spend more time with the kids doing things other than being on our electronics I decided we would bake. As you know I am trying things from pinterest so this week we did chocolate chip cookies ….with no eggs. We use cream cheese below is the original recipe from pinterest. These cookies were so good the hubs asked me to make more and said he would go to the store that night to get anything I needed…..when I am sick your ass don’t go to the store…oh we off topic…….back to the cookies……*side eye*
Here is the recipe directly from the above source
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment or silpat liners. In a large bowl or the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, melted butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until mostly incorporated by a few dry streaks remain. Add the chocolate chips and mix until combined and no dry streaks remain.
- Roll the dough into 1 to 1 1/2-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand (just barely press, you don’t need to flatten it all the way). Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes until the edges are just barely golden brown. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe Source: adapted from here, found via Pinterest