*I received an invite for this event. Nothing monetary was exchanged. All opinions are my own.*
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and UPS celebrate the December 17th Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD(TM) release of Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters with an exclusive charity event to support Project Linus at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta on Monday, December 16th. Inspired by the Golden Fleece in the film, event goers made handmade fleece blankets for kids in need to kick off Project Linus’ annual National Make a Blanket Day on February 15th.
My son is an avid fan of Percy Jackson so when I got the invite to attend the event at the GA Aquarium I was so happy. Not only is it a great movie but the event itself was for such a great cause.
If you have not seen the first movie you are missing out. While my son was off watching the movie I was busy looking at the many different quilts. My daughter noticed this one first….
My mom use to make quilts so I have a few that she made before she passed that look similar. They even had tables where you can join in and make quilts also.
Here is some more info about Project Linus
- Project Linus provides blankets for kids in need all over the country
- The 15th annual event will kick off on February 15, 2014
- Century Fox is donating over 1,000 fleeces for blankets to be made
· It was such an inspiring event my daughter stayed in one spot the entire time.
· It’s easy to make a blanket at home to donate to Project Linus. Go to www.projectlinus.com for more information