Blogger 411

This week was devastating my favorite couple from my favorite movie was destroyed. I know I am to old but I was a robsten fan the love that I saw was so pure and true. I can’t ever watch twilight the same anymore. Ahhh to be young and 22 …………On to other news.

Ok I saw this on one of my favorite blogs and thought I would join in. Make sure you check out OK, Dani she has a new addition to her family that is so cute too.

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?

I started blogging in November of 2010. I started blogging because after I had lost 4 family members within 1 year I was in a depressed state. I needed to talk and to get back out into the world and I thought blogging would do that and boy did it ever. When I first started I always had the idea to talk about different subjects and give my personal view on stuff with a little humor mixed in the blog has changed just a tad bit but humor is still around. I use to post 5 days a week but now I only post 3 times a week.

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?

Yes I went to Clark Atlanta University and at first I was in the Mass Communication department but thought it was way to easy so I switched to Business with a concentration in Management

3. Where have you traveled?

I have traveled all over the east coast never out of the country because I am scared of planes. The furthest west I have been was Texas. All by train, car, or bus

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?

A home that I can own outright with no mortgage it’s nice to not have to worry about that bill monthly

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?

1. I hate people who look down on others….and I don’t hate many things

2. I hate when parents are dressed nice but their kids look a hot mess ….my kids always look good I am the one who should and do look a hot mess.

3. A dirty nasty house…..I can’t even stand toys out of place for too long I allow only 2 hours then it must be cleaned up.

6. What is your favorite movie?

I love Glory Road…I use to play basketball and it’s one of the movies that always touches my heart.

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?

Liquor beer is nasty and wine well I am not really a fan. I love tea the most although I can drink caffeine free coke a lot.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?

Read it takes me to another place.

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?

Target all day. I can get clothes for me and the kids shoes, beddings, pots and food all in one stop.

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.

When I was younger back in high school actually my period never came on when it was suppose too…….as a matter of fact it still doesn’t I always have to stay prepared because it comes on at different times of the month never around the same time. I was in the 9th grade and we were in uniform the khaki pants well my period decides to come on right after it went off like only 2 weeks in between and I was unprepared. Talk about embarrassment good thing it was winter I was able to tie my jacket around my waist and go to the nurses office where I waited for my mom to bring me extra clothes *sigh* I was particularly cold that day.

11. What day would you love to relive again?

The day before my mom died. I had so many more questions and she died without giving me some of her prized recipes.

12. If your life was turned into a movie… what actor would play you?

Who better to play me than….me. I would like my mom to be Angela Basset though cause we can burn cars…oh sorry wrong movie setting.

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?

I started at publix supermarket back in Charleston, SC when I was 16. I started off as a bagger and worked my way up by the time I was a freshman in college I was a front end manager. One of the best jobs I ever had too.

14. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?

Hopefully owning my own business and working for me and my family.

16 Responses to Blogger 411

1. Teems says:

Number 11 made me sad. Like I have tears in my eyes. I just read something someone else wrote like that and now I miss mine. I’m an emotional dork. OK, bye…

Yeah..10 happened to me too!

3. MochaChic says:

Thank you so much for sharing these things about you. Love this idea and want to share it on my blog!
    It made me sad about your mother’s death..you always want to ask more questions because you didn’t know that they would leave you. Good luck and well wishes with #14!

4. Roses Daughter says:

Number 10 happened to me….in the 5th grade..,,, yeah imagine.

This is a fabulous way to get to know a blogger as well as for the blogger to open up. Thank you for sharing Kita. Your post about your mother, I totally know that feeling as I would want the same for my mother, father, and brother. :)

6. Number 10 happened to my best friend in the 5th grade. The teacher made me give her my wind suit jacket to tie around her. That was my favorite wind suit jacket too! Every time I see her, I think about my jacket.

I’ve never heard anyone say the day before…it makes sense, because you never know the exact time that death will occur.

7. OK! I was about to answer all of these back for you until I read the other ladies post! LOL! I thought that is what you wanted us to do. IS it? If so, let me know and I will.
    Thanks for the post, it’s nice getting to know your social media friends outside of the post!

Kita, #10 happened to me in the 6th grade, I had on a little tennis style dress. I lied and said I rubbed against the brick building! They believed me too! And you know I feel ya on #11, would love to just go back and sit and talk and hug both my parents.

9. Teems says:

This really turned out to be a great idea. I came back just to read the comments. I enjoyed getting to learn about you and look forward to other bloggers that do this. This makes us real. I share more than just number 11. I even know what it feels like to loose family and friends back to back. I don’t care for planes but I like the idea of traveling so I suck it up and hold on real tight to who ever is next to me. lol

10. BossyGirl says:

We’ve all had that awkward period moment…Sigh that’s why I kept a pack in my locker! Ha!

11. Tina says:

I agree with you about Target. I would probably blow a ton of cash there too!

Number 11 made me both laugh and tear up. I lost my Mother back in 2000 and being that I was only 18 at the time, I just had so many unanswered questions. My older sister got the recipe for 10-lb cheesecake that I can’t wrestle from her even though she never makes it.

12. Cam - Bibs & Baubles says:

YES to number 4! No mortgage would be awesome!

13. Krystyn says:

Lotto….oh, no mortgage and college paid for would be great!

14. Pingback: Blogger 411 | Baby Teems