Kita’s Chronicles: Convo with the hubs

The hubs hours have been cut at his job so he is now home with me more often. Normally he does not talk but this particular day he got on my nerve. See we get along if we don’t be in the same room for a long period of time when we are alone for more than 2 hrs it’s a problem.

Scene: He is on the couch I am on the other couch with the computer in my lap it’s 8 am in the morning.

Hubs: *jumps up and comes sits next to me* So……what you doing.

Me: Checking my emails, updating my blog, reading blogs, scrolling my twitter, and checking my facebook.

Hubs: So you twittering, blogging, and doing social media stuff. So why you gotta twitter so early, and why do you update your blog everyday, and what does facebook have to do with anything, and how long does it take you to read other blogs, you sure have a lot of emails.

Me:….Why the eff are you asking me so many questions.

Hubs: I just want to know what you do all day cause it looks like a whole bunch of nothing.

Me: Well first off this morning I got up at 6 I fixed a full breakfast for son, ironed his clothes, got him presentable, fixed his school lunch, and took him to school. Then I came back home and I check my stuff. I did in one morning what it takes you all day to do. So don’t question what I do.

Hubs: So then after you check all your stuff what do you do.

Me: I spend time with the baby then I study until time to pick son up I also start dinner if I am cooking something big. Please don’t question me about what I do all day cause I don’t feel like an argument

Hubs: *mocking me and repeats what I just said earlier*

Me: You got 5 seconds to get the hell away from me or I will choke the shit out of you.

Hubs: Are you going to put that on twitter?

Conclusion: See this is what the hell I am talking about. I know he seriously does think I do nothing all day which is what a lot of men think. My husband has a problem with me being an at home mom he understands that I need to make a certain amount of money to go back to work but he does not support me being at home. I would love to go back to work because then I don’t have to cook, clean, and take care of kids by myself because then both of us would be working and there would be no excuse why he can’t pull his weight.

This entry was posted in Chronicles. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Kita’s Chronicles: Convo with the hubs

1. K. Rock says:

Kita you keeps it so real. Husbands irratate us. That’s what they do. And they do it well. Until things change, just try not to kill him…you know…for the sake of the kids.

2. BossyGirl says:

LOL…Girl I love you for this!!! We (me and my husband) have finally gotten to the point where he understands my blogging is my part time job!!!

I totally understands this and I hate when people question what I do at home and think I do nothing at all. I hate it even more when people make smart comments about me taking a nap. Maybe it’s because I’m up all night doing school work after taking care of my girls all day and only get 2 or 3 hours of sleep. Stay at hom moms never get the credit they deserve and I bet the person questioning it couldn’t do it. SMH

4. posh says:

I’ve heard that before.
    Stopping by from the UBP to say hello.
    Have a great weekend!
    POSH.

5. Coasta says:

HA!!!

Yes, some men think like that…but in some cases some actually do nothing all day! You have a lot of stay at home husbands nowadays too…and on that end. I can say some of them don’t do half what a wife would do! I can attest to that! ;-)

I have a friend, she just recently got a job after being a stay at home wife for about 4yrs. She said, although she’s very happy to be working again…her husband is not happy at all!

You can’t win from losing! ;-)

6. Roses Daughter says:

SMH. I always get the question: so what did you do all day? It takes everything in me not to say ” none of your business”. I keep praying that one day he’ll get it.

7. Aisha G of Hartlyn Kids says:

Ugh. I don’t have much to say on this other than to give your a huge cyber hug….

8. I definitely relate to this. It is very tiring to keep up with everything and although I do use social media, it isn’t the bulk of my day.
    Maybe see if your husband can get the kids ready one morning and start dinner so he will know what it takes. On days my Husband is home I am letting him do more for that reason, because I think I make it look too easy. But on the flip side I try to relate to stuff he does like yard stuff because I don’t have any part of that. LOL
    Please don’t hurt your hubs, maybe he was genuinely interested…..maybe?…..maybe?

9. Brenda Lee says:

LMAO Ya gotta love it! :) My hubs and I usually spend the evenings apart but within shouting distance. He, in his man cave, and I in mine with Titan. Yada yada yada. Yea, hours on end together = grumpy ole man & crotchity ole lady! haha

10. TheProDiva says:

Ha! You two are funny! I’m glad you let him know just how busy you are as an at-home mom. The only true way for him to know, however, is to do it himself! LOL! Probably won’t happen, but I’m just saying!

11. Quiana says:

Just catching up on your old posts and this seriously made me LOL! I can relate – DH thinks social media is a sham. He can’t participate because of his job and it’s very hard for him to relate to what I do at home with Nia however I completely know what corporate America is like having spent 8 years there. I don’t like getting into comparison games with him but let’s just say I get VERY annoyed when people talk about things they have no clue about!