Talk Tuesday

News of the week:

1. I was asked to share my panda story so I will. I was about 4 or 5 at the time and our class went to the zoo. Somehow I must have fell or walked somewhere I was not suppose to be (can’t remember) but I ended up in the Panda bear section. Like I was in there with the pandas. I remember people yelling at me but I just wanted to touch one. They were far away and I remember trying to get near them. Finally I remember a guy came and grabbed me and took me out of the pen. My mom later told me I was in there for 15 minutes before anyone realized it but the bears did not touch me for some odd reason. I have a tattoo of a panda on me to symbolize it.

2. I was asked a question the other day by one of hubs family member. She asked why are you doing a theme business can’t people do that on their own? She said I can go to party city and get everything I need why would I pay you? *sigh* I saw red I started to go off but I said politely if you read my website you will see that I don’t focus on party city stuff I want to create unique parties with things not found in party city. With the way the internet is today anybody can do anything. There are so many event companies, cupcake businesses, catering companies, etc. With pinterest you can do your own party and get ideas but for me I offer more than just the idea. I  want to tap into themes that have not even been thought of yet. I was upset but it made me want to work even harder to promote my business and get myself out there.

3.  How does a person get the the title best friend or bestie? I for one have never called anyone on earth a best friend maybe I have not met the right friends but no one has been there for me like God. I do have some good friends that mean the world to me and we are there for each other but I feel sometimes at the end of the day no one knows me like the man up above.

4. I am featured today one of my favorite blogs make sure you check it out here.

15 Responses to Talk Tuesday

1. Mrs. Pancakes says:

I couldn’t agree with you on the last point that only God knows us and our back like that…he is te ultimate BFF!! Thanks for the reminder!

2. Christina says:

So you’ve just always been a rebel, huh? sneaking in with the pandas, lol. I’m not at all surprised!

How rude of that lady to question you like that! People will pay you for the same reason people pay caterers, professional photographers, graphic designers (wink), interior decorators, etc. they don’t want the same old thing, that everybody has! They want something created just for them, and somebody to put the time and energy in. you don’t want people who don’t understand that as your customer anyway. Brush it off!

3. That panda bear story is certainly priceless.

Don’t even sweat what that person said. Because honestly that is not the market you are trying to attract anyway. Keep your energy focused on the clients you are trying to work with. I know people who would pay for themes are so forth, I would too! Sometimes you need someone to just put the time in for you to create the vision. Not everyone has the creativity to capture their vision. And you do. ;)

I have 2 people I have refer to as Bestie. We have been friends for over 20 years. We have had ups and downs, but when it mattered they have been there. I don’t know if anyone else will ever get called that.

4. Roses daughter says:

Ummm glad you kept your cool with that lady. SMH some folks have. O vision or. I drive. And they can’t understand when other people do.
    I live the Panda story! But whew ! You were blessed to get out of there unharmed!
    I have a group of friends from high school who I consider cloth ride or die chicks. But. Or one really really bestie. Makes me sad sometimes.

5. Love the panda story!!!

Um, not sure how you didn’t go off on home girl. That’s just rude but it’s also motivation. Brush it off and keep it moving.

I have had a few BFF’s over time. I know it’s sappy but my hubs is my BFF and my mom. I have to agree with you though, no one knows me like G-O-D!

Really like the panda story! I would have freaked out!
    If the lady can’t see the need for your business, it’s obviously not for her and not worth the energy to explain it. Sometimes you just want something more. I think it’s sad when people can’t think beyond what’s packaged and presented to them. Good luck on your business:)

lord @ you and that panda story! lol icant! and that tattoo! lord again lol

I don’t think anyone should ever question you in THAT manner. I don’t think asking about your business is a problem but that was just snotty and uncalled for.

I have a best friend or a bestie as I like to call her. I know no one knows me as well as God does but she is ALWAYS there for me as I am for her. Shes been with me through some of the toughest times I’ve ever had and I know we’ll be friends forever and ever. She’s actually more than a friend, I call her my sister.

8. Dr. Reginia says:

LOL @ the Panda story. All I can envision is this little brown girl having silent play among the Panda. Just all peaceful and random while everyone else is going mad.

9. Amber says:

Now that’s a cool “behind the tattoo” story! LOL

And I’m with Cam! My husband is my best friend and the one that works the hardest to deserve that title. I have wonderful friends, including a BFF, but this year has been all about redefining my friendships and giving my husband more clout in that area.

Wow! Just wow with the panda story. Glad that you were unharmed. As for the lady, shrug it off. You can use it to motivate you to, but I wouldn’t take her too serious. I don’t know why people think its cool to be rude.

I’m with you with the BFF, haven’t really met anyone who considered me their BBF. Maybe I just know the wrong people, but you’re right, only God knows us in and out, good and bad, and all our deeds–yet still loves us. The ultimate BFF!